Evaluation of the Washington Intensive Supervision Program
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01343472|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified April 2011 by Pepperdine University.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : April 28, 2011
Last Update Posted : April 28, 2011
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Behavior Drug Users||Behavioral: WISP supervision Behavioral: Parole-as-usual|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||70 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of the Washington Intensive Supervision Program|
|Study Start Date :||January 2011|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2012|
Experimental: WISP supervision
Parolee supervised under WISP parole model.
Behavioral: WISP supervision
WISP entails a warning session (Orientation Hearing) where the rules of parole are laid out and parolees are told that any violation of stated parole conditions will be sanctioned with a brief jail term (typically a few days in jail). WISP includes regular random drug testing.
Other Name: HOPE supervision
Active Comparator: Parole-as-usual
Parolees supervised under Washington State's parole-as-usual
Parolees are supervised under standard parole supervision practice in Washington State.
Other Name: PAU
- Revocation rate [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Percentage of subjects in each condition who are revoked from parole and returned to prison
- % positive drug tests [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Percentage of random and scheduled drug tests that test positive for illicit drugs
- Days incarcerated [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Total number of days incarcerated in jail or prison
- % Missed appointments [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Percentage of parole appointments that are missed.
- New arrests [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Number of new arrests.
- Assessed risk [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Parolee risk assessment (high, medium, low)
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01343472
|Contact: Donta Harper||206-516-7709|
|Contact: Kimberli Dewing|
|United States, Washington|
|Seattle Community Justice Center||Recruiting|
|Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Contact: Donta Harper 206-516-7709|
|Contact: Linda Bonazza 206-516-7709|
|Principal Investigator:||Angela Hawken, PHD||Pepperdine University|