The Raltegravir 60+ Study
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01335620|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 14, 2011
Last Update Posted : May 21, 2014
This is a phase I, open label, prospective, one phase pharmacokinetic and observational study.
Twenty HIV-1 infected subjects will be recruited. Eligible subjects will currently be receiving stable antiretroviral therapy with undetectable plasma HIV RNA and have no evidence of previous HIV- resistance mutations on genotypic resistance testing.
At baseline, subjects will switch antiretroviral therapy to:
- tenofovir/emtricitabine 245/200 mg daily (Truvada™) plus
- raltegravir 400 mg twice daily On day 28, all subjects will attend for an intensive 24 hour pharmacokinetic visit.
Follow up over 6 months, subjects will attend on days 14, 90 and 180 for follow up visits that will include standard safety parameters. Assessment of cardiac biomarkers at baseline and on days 90 and 180 and assessment of neurocognitive function at screening, baseline and on day 180 will also be undertaken.
Following completion of this study, subjects will recommence their usual antiretroviral treatment regimen and attend for a study follow up visit.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|HIV||Drug: Raltegravir||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||19 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||An Open Label Study to Investigate the Safety, Pharmacokinetic Profile and Efficacy of Raltegravir in HIV-infected Patients at Least 60 Years of Age|
|Study Start Date :||April 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2012|
Truvada plus Raltegravir
Single arm study
400 mg twice daily
Other Name: Isentress
- Pharmacokinetics [ Time Frame: Day 28 ]maraviroc, darunavir and ritonavir maximum and minimum plasma concentrations will be measured and the time to reach each level
- Changes in haematology, biochemistry and virology tests [ Time Frame: 6 months ]full blood count, electrolytes and blood lipids will be measured at all visits to assess for changes through out the study. HIV viral load will also be measured to assess the efficacy of the medication at controlling the virus
- cardiovascular disease markers [ Time Frame: 6 months ]• To investigate cardiovascular disease markers before and after a switch in antiretroviral therapy to raltegravir.
- Cerebral function [ Time Frame: 6 months ]To investigate cerebral function via cognitive testing before and after a switch in antiretroviral therapy to raltegravir.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01335620
|Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Trust|
|London, United Kingdom, SW10 9TH|
|Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust|
|London, United Kingdom, W2 1NY|
|Principal Investigator:||Alan Winston, MB BH||Imperial College London|
|Principal Investigator:||Marta Boffito||Chelsea & Westminster Hospital|