Evaluating an Expressive Writing Intervention About Communicatively-Restricted Organizational Stressors
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01328665|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 5, 2011
Last Update Posted : May 20, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Stress Disorder||Other: Expressive Writing||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||44 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Evaluating an Expressive Writing Intervention About Communicatively-Restricted Organizational Stressors: A Six-Week Randomized, Controlled Trial|
|Study Start Date :||April 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2012|
Experimental: Expressive Writing
Affectionate Writing Intervention for 20 minutes per day, 2 times per week, 6 weeks.
Other: Expressive Writing
Writing intervention for cognitive appraisal of stressor.
No Intervention: No writing
Control Group -- No writing
- Change in Lipids from baseline [ Time Frame: Week 1 and Week 6 ]Lipid panel includes total cholesterol, High-density lipoproteins, low-density lipoprotein, and triglycerides.
- Change in high-sensitivity c-Reactive Protein from baseline [ Time Frame: Week 1 and Week 6 ]
- Change in Cortisol Awakening Response from Baseline [ Time Frame: Week 1 and Week 6 ]Measurement of Salivary Cortisol (hydrocortisone, compound-F) as a maximum difference between awakening and 30 minutes after awakening.
- Change in Perceived Global Stress over time [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 3, Week 6 ]Psychological measure of stress
- Change in Organizational Stress over time [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 3, Week 6 ]Psychological measure of stress as a function of organizational involvement.
- Change in Perception of Communication Restriction of Stressor over time [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 3, Week 6 ]Restrictedness of a communicative stressor
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01328665
|United States, California|
|Santa Clara University, Health Center|
|Santa Clara, California, United States, 95053|
|Principal Investigator:||Justin P Boren, Ph.D.||Santa Clara University|