Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in Korean Adolescents With Depression
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01314521|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified March 2011 by Hallym University Medical Center.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : March 14, 2011
Last Update Posted : October 5, 2011
The purpose of this study is to examine clinical characteristics of Korean adolescents with depression who have suicidal ideation and behavior. We formulate those hypotheses.
- Being bullied in peer relationships, excessive use of internet, excessive extra-curricular tutoring, sexual abuse in childhood, physical abuse and emotional neglect are risk factors of suicide in adolescents.
- Depression of parents and negative child-rearing attitude are risk factors of suicidal ideation and behavior in adolescents.
- Emotional quotient (EQ) and resilience of adolescent are protective factors of suicide.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||150 participants|
|Official Title:||Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in Korean Adolescents With Depression|
|Study Start Date :||January 2011|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 2012|
- Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale; C-SSRS [ Time Frame: baseline only (at any one point during the depressive episode) ]Semi-structured clinical interview based on the systematic guideline which help draw inferences about suicidal ideation from clinical situation and risk factors related to the suicide. It is composed with three categories that are suicidal attempt (ideation), non-suicidal attempt (ideation), and potential of suicidal attempt (ideation).
- Beck suicidal ideation scale [ Time Frame: baseline only ]self report form of 19 items with 3 point scale. for subjects and their parents.
- Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale; RCMAS [ Time Frame: baseline only ]
- Beck Depression Inventory [ Time Frame: baseline only ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01314521
|Contact: Mina Song, MDemail@example.com|
|Contact: Hyun Ju Hong, MD, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Korea, Republic of|
|Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital||Recruiting|
|Anyang Si, Kyeonggi Do, Korea, Republic of, 431-070|
|Contact: Hyun Ju Hong, MD, PhD +82-31-380-3751 email@example.com|
|Contact: Mina Song, MD +82-10-4760-2990 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Hyun Ju Hong, MD, PhD||Hallym University Medical Center|