Manual Therapy on Head-repositioning Accuracy and Static Postural Balance in Neck Pain Patients
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01310595|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 8, 2011
Last Update Posted : August 28, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Neck Pain||Procedure: Manual mobilization on cervical spine Procedure: Infra-red therapy with self exercise pamphlet||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||145 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||To Investigate the Effectiveness of Manual Therapy on Head-repositioning Accuracy and Static Postural Balance in Patients With Non-traumatic Chronic Mechanical Neck Pain.|
|Study Start Date :||January 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2013|
Experimental: Manual mobilization on cervical spine
Manual mobilization given on cervical spine with infra-red therapy and self exercise and advice pamphlet.
Procedure: Manual mobilization on cervical spine
Manual mobilization provided on selected cervical spine in patients with chronic mechanical neck apin
Active Comparator: Infra-red radiation therapy
Infra-red radiation therapy with self exercise pamphlet given to patients with chronic mechanical neck pain.
Procedure: Infra-red therapy with self exercise pamphlet
Infra-red radiation therapy on cervical spine with self exercise pamphlet given to patients with chronic mechanical neck pain.
- Head repositioning accuracy [ Time Frame: up to 6 month post intervention ]Head re-positioning accuracy by using laser-pointer mounted in a cyclist helmet.
- Postural balance [ Time Frame: up to 6 month post intervention ]Standing postural sway using computerized validated equipment.
- Northwick Park Questionnaire [ Time Frame: up to 6 month post intervention ]Neck disability questionnaire
- Active neck range of motion [ Time Frame: up to 6 month post intervention ]Active neck range of motion using 3-dimensional goniometer.
- Numeric Pain Rating Scale [ Time Frame: up to 6 month post intervention ]Subjective numeric pain rating scale from 0 - 10.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01310595
|Physiotherapy Department, Prince of Wales Hospital|
|Stain, Hong Kong|
|Principal Investigator:||Siu H Kit, MSc||Hong Kong Polytechnic University|