Rehabilitation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Patients With Emphysema
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01305668|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 1, 2011
Last Update Posted : December 10, 2014
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease has two heterogeneous conditions (chronic bronchitis and pulmonary emphysema phenotypes) with a different clinical presentation.
The phenotype evaluation in COPD patient (trough clinical, functional and radiographic parameters) could influence final results in pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management of the disease.
The aim of our study is to investigate whether COPD patients with different disease phenotype (chronic bronchitis versus pulmonary emphysema) have a different response to PR.
|Condition or disease|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Emphysema|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Official Title:||Effectiveness of Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Patients With Emphysema Phenotype|
|Study Start Date :||August 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2012|
- Exercise tolerance [ Time Frame: [Time Frame: Day 1 and 20 ] ]Change in Six minute walked distance (6MWD)
- Dyspnoea [ Time Frame: [ Time Frame: Day 1 and 20] ]Change in dyspnea grade by MRC
- Symptoms on effort [ Time Frame: [ Time Frame: Day 1 and 20] ]Change in Dyspnoea and leg fatigue by Borg scale
- Perceived Quality of life [ Time Frame: [ Time Frame: Day 1 and 20] ]Change in Saint George Respiratory Questionnarie (Italian version)
- Global function [ Time Frame: [ Time Frame: Day 1 and 20] ]Change in the multidimensional BODE index (validated in COPD population)
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01305668
|Fondazione Maugeri IRCCS|
|Lumezzane, Brescia, Italy|
|Villa Pineta Hospital|
|Pavullo, Modena, Italy, 41026|
|Auxilium Vitae Rehabilitation Center|
|Volterra, Pisa, Italy|
|Ospedale San Raffaele|
|Velletri, Roma, Italy|
|Study Director:||Enrico M Clini, MD||Villa Pineta Hospital and University of Modena and Reggio Emilia|