Participation of Manual Wheelchair Users in the Community
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01301846|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (Need to recruit research staff)
First Posted : February 23, 2011
Last Update Posted : September 1, 2016
To explore the relationship between ability to do different wheelchair skills and the participation and quality of life of wheelchair users in and around their home and community. The investigators study hypothesis:
- Self-reported capacity of wheelchair skills (ability to do wheelchair skills) is strongly related to self-reported participation.
- Self-reported capacity of wheelchair skills (ability to do wheelchair skills) is related to the average daily distance traveled in their wheelchair.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Official Title:||Participation of Manual Wheelchair Users in the Community: The Relationship to Wheelchair Skills Capacity|
|Study Start Date :||April 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2015|
People who have a wheelchair for home and community use.
- Wheelchair Skills Test Questionnaire Capacity Version [ Time Frame: baseline ]Participants will be asked if they can perform 32 skills from the WST 4.1 (capacity)using a structured interview approach. A skill will be considered a pass if done describing a safe manner.
- Impact on Participation and Autonomy Questionnaire [ Time Frame: baseline ]This measure addresses autonomy with respect to activities and participation, and is a self-report measure.
- Average Distance Travelled [ Time Frame: Up to a week time period, one time measure ]The average distance treavelled per day over a week in the participant's wheelchair will be measured.
- Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale short form [ Time Frame: baseline ]Self-reported depression.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01301846
|Canada, Nova Scotia|
|Nova Scotia Rehabilitation Centre|
|Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4K4|