Maximizing Independence at Home (MIND at Home)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01283750|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 26, 2011
Last Update Posted : June 12, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Memory Disorders Dementia||Behavioral: care coordination||Phase 2 Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||303 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Maximizing Independence at Home (MIND at Home): Dementia Care at Home Study|
|Study Start Date :||July 2008|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2011|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2012|
|No Intervention: Augmented Usual Care||
Behavioral: care coordination
dementia-related care coordination
- Change in unmet dementia-related needs from Baseline to 18 months [ Time Frame: 18 months ]Unmet dementia-related needs as measured by the Johns Hopkins Dementia Care Needs Assessment (JHDCNA), clinican-based assessment of 21 domains (92 individual items)
- Change in quality of life from Baseline to 18 months [ Time Frame: 18 month ]Participant quality of life measured by Quality of Life in Alzheimers Disease (QOL-AD) and Alzheimer's Disease Related Quality of life scale (ADRQL). Caregiver quality of life measured by SF-12.
- length of stay [ Time Frame: 18 months ]Length of stay in the community assessed by number of days from initial study assessment to end of study observation or to date that the subject leaves their community-based residence (e.g. move to nursing home, assisted living, death) prior to end of study observation.
- neuropsychiatric behavior symptoms from baseline to 18 months [ Time Frame: 18 month ]Neuropsychiatric behavior measured by the Neuropsychiatry Inventory Questionnaire
- day-to-day function from baseline to 18 months [ Time Frame: 18 month ]Day-to-day function assessed by the Instrumental Activities of Daily Living Scale and the Psycho-geriatric Dependency Rating Scale
- health care utilization from baseline to 18 months [ Time Frame: 18 month ]Inpatient, residential, Alzheimer Disease-related, mental health, and medical health care use measured by the SURFS
- depression from baseline to 18 months [ Time Frame: 18 month ]Participant depression measured by the Cornell Scale for Depression (CSDD) in Dementia. Caregiver depression measured by the Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01283750
|United States, Maryland|
|Johns Hopkins University|
|Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21205|
|Principal Investigator:||Quincy M Samus, PhD||Johns Hopkins University|