Study of Sleep and Delirium in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (SID)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01280097|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 20, 2011
Last Update Posted : July 15, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Delirium Sleep Disorders, Circadian Rhythm|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||57 participants|
|Official Title:||Sleep Disruption and ICU Delirium: Delirium Assessment and Monitoring Combined With the Evaluation of Sleep Using the Sedline Brain Function Monitor.|
|Study Start Date :||December 2010|
|Primary Completion Date :||November 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||November 2012|
Prospective cohort study
- ICU delirium [ Time Frame: Daily measurement during study ]ICU delirium will be measured using the CAM-ICU. This measurement will be done twice daily.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) length of stay [ Time Frame: Assessed at discharge from ICU ]The day of admission to the ICU until the day of discharge from the ICU.
- Hospital Length of Stay [ Time Frame: Assesses at discharge from hospital ]This is the persons length of stay in the hospital, from admission date until discharge date.
- ICU mortality [ Time Frame: Assessed at discharge from ICU ]We will collect data on mortality during the stay in the Intensive Care Unit
- Hospital mortality [ Time Frame: Assessed at discharge from hospital ]We will assess the mortality during the hospital stay.
- One year mortality [ Time Frame: Assessed at 1 year from admission to hospital ]We will assess mortality at one year from hospital admission.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01280097
|United States, California|
|University of California, San Francisco|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94143-0648|
|Principal Investigator:||Jacqueline M Leung, MD||University of California, San Francisco|