A Study to Evaluate the Impact of Direct and Surrogate Advertising and Compliance With the Bill With the Respect to Sale of Tobacco Products Around Educational Institutes
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01275950|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified June 2010 by Tata Memorial Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : January 13, 2011
Last Update Posted : January 13, 2011
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Assessing and Creating Awareness About the Tobacco Law||Behavioral: Health Education|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||480 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||An Intervention Study To Evaluate The Impact Of Direct and Surrogate Advertising And Compliance With The Bill With The Respect To Sale Of Tobacco Products Around Educational Institutes|
|Study Start Date :||May 2010|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 2011|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 2011|
Behavioral: Health Education
- Implementing the intervention programme designed for creating awareness about harmful effect of tobacco (smoked and smokeless forms) and the current regulation to the shop-owners.
- Administering the questionnaire to objectively asses the impact of direct/ surrogate tobacco advertisements influencing student behavior and perception about tobacco and tobacco products.
- Implementing the intervention programme designed for creating awareness about harmful effect of tobacco (smoked and smokeless forms) and the current regulation to the students through interactive sessions with students in their respective educational institute.
- KAP of tobacco vendors about Tobacco Bill [ Time Frame: one year ]The primary outcome is assessment of the Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of shop owners towards tobacco ill-effects and the existing Bill and to determine the impact of our intervention on their knowledge regarding the same. Evaluation of the impact these outlets and the advertisements on the students of the selected educational institutes.
- post-intervention KAP [ Time Frame: six months ]To evaluate the change in the knowledge attitude and practice six months after our planned intervention.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01275950
|Contact: Sharmila A Pimple, MD||912224154379 ext email@example.com|
|Contact: Gauravi A Mishra, MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tata Memorial Hospital||Recruiting|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 400012|
|Contact: Sharmila A Pimple, MD 912224154379 ext 4631 email@example.com|
|Contact: Gauravi A Mishra, MD 912224157532 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Sharmila A Pimple, MD|
|Principal Investigator: Gauravi A Mishra, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Sharmila A Pimple, MD||Tata Memorial Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Gauravi A Mishra, MD||Tata Memorial Hospital|