A Study of E7080 in Subjects With Solid Tumor
This study has been completed.
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Eisai Inc. ( Eisai Co., Ltd. )
First received: December 28, 2010
Last updated: February 21, 2015
Last verified: February 2014
The purpose of this study is to investigate the tolerability and safety of E7080 up to 24 mg when administered orally on a once daily continuous dose schedule in cycles (4 weeks as 1 cycle) in subjects with solid tumors
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||A Phase 1 Study of E7080 in Subjects With Solid Tumor
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Number of Participants With Dose Limiting Toxicity (DLT) [ Time Frame: Up to 4 weeks ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Number of Participants With Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Until participants met discontinuation criteria such as disease progression, intolerable toxicity, and withdrawal of study consent or up to 19 cycles (1 cycle = 28 days). ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
Treatment emergent adverse events (AEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) were evaluated by determining the AE grade according to Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events [CTCAE] version 4.0, laboratory tests, vital signs (blood pressure [mm Hg], heart rate [beats per minute], body temperature [degree C], and body weight [kg]), 12-lead electrocardiograms (ECGs; heart rate [bpm], QT [msec] and QTc [msec]) and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status (ECOG-PS).
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||December 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
This arm will be a dose-escalation evaluation of 9-18 subjects to investigate the tolerability and safety of E7080 up to 24 mg when administered orally on a once daily continuous dose schedule in cycles (4 weeks as 1 cycle). Administration of the study drug can continue until subjects meet discontinuation criteria such as disease progression, intolerable toxicity, and withdrawal of study consent.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||20 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Subjects with histologically and/or cytologically diagnosis of solid tumor
- Subjects with solid tumor which is resistant to standard anti-tumor therapies, or which no appropriate treatment is available
- Subjects whose toxicity of previous treatment has recovered to Grade 1 or lower toxicity (except for alopecia)
- Subjects who completed previous anti-tumor therapy before at least 4 weeks
- Subjects who are 20 years or older
- Subjects with 0 to 1 of Performance Status
- Subjects agree to be hospitalized for DLT observation
- Subjects with adequate organ functions
- Males and females of childbearing potential must agree to use appropriate contraception from the agreement to 30 days after study drug administration.
- Agree to participate in this study in writing based on voluntary will
- Subjects with brain metastasis accompanying clinical symptoms or requiring treatment
- Subjects with the severe complication or disease history
- Subjects unable to take oral medication.
- Subjects being treated with drugs that strongly inhibit or induce CYP3A4 and that may be possibly used during this study.
- Scheduled for surgery during the projected course of the study.
- Positive for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV antibody) test or positive for hepatitis B surface (HBs antigen) or hepatitis C (HCV antibody) by serum test.
- Subjects who in the view of the investigator are not able to comply with this protocol because of psychiatric or physical diseases including alcoholism or drug addict
- Pregnant or nursing subjects
- Subjects who are participating in another clinical trial.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01268293
Eisai Co., Ltd.
||Oncology Clinical Development Section. JAC PCU. Eisai Co., Ltd.
No publications provided
||Eisai Inc. ( Eisai Co., Ltd. )
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||December 28, 2010
|Results First Received:
||February 21, 2015
||February 21, 2015
||Japan: Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Keywords provided by Eisai Inc.:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on April 23, 2015