Treatment of Corneal Neovascularization With Topical Pazopanib
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01257750|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 10, 2010
Results First Posted : November 6, 2012
Last Update Posted : January 18, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Corneal Neovascularization||Drug: Pazopanib (5mg/ml)||Phase 1 Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Safety and Efficacy of Topical Pazopanib in Treatment of Corneal Neovascularization|
|Study Start Date :||November 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2012|
This is a single site, open label, safety and efficacy study of pazopanib (5mg/ml) where all 20 patients with corneal neovascularization in a single arm will receive pazopanib in one eye.
Drug: Pazopanib (5mg/ml)
Topical pazopanib, 4 times per day for 3 weeks
Other Name: Votrient
- Heart Rate [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Heart rate through was measured throughout the study to assess subjects for systemic adverse events.
- Mean Arterial Pressure [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Mean arterial pressure was measured throughout the study to assess subjects for systemic adverse events..
- Central Corneal Thickness [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Pachymetry was used to measure the central corneal thickness of each study subject. Central corneal thickness was measured throughout the study to assess subjects for ocular adverse events.
- Intaocular Pressure [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Intaocular pressure is the measurement of pressure within the eye. Intaocular pressure was measured throughout the study to assess subjects for ocular adverse events.
- Corneal Neovascular Area [ Time Frame: Through 12 weeks of Follow-Up ]Corneal neovascular area is the measurement of the area of the cornea where new blood vessels are forming. The mean Change in Corneal Neovascular Area from Baseline to 12 Week Time Point is reported below.
- Corneal Invasion Area [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Corneal Invasion area is the measurement of the fraction of the total corneal area that is invaded by blood vessels. The mean Change in Corneal invasion area from baseline to 12 Week Time Point is reported below.
- Corneal Vessel Length [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Corneal vessel length is the measurement of the length of the extent of vessels from end to end. The mean change in corneal vessel length from Baseline to 12 Week Time Point is reported below.
- Corneal Vessel Caliber [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Corneal vessel caliber is the measurement of the diameter of the corneal blood vessels. The mean change in the corneal vessel caliber from baseline to 12 week time point is reported below.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01257750
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02114|
|Principal Investigator:||Reza Dana, MD, MPH, MSc||Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary|