Technology Platform and System Construction of Clinical Evaluation Studies on New Drugs of Hematological Malignancy
Expanded access is currently available for this treatment.
Verified November 2010 by Peking University
Information provided by:
First received: November 30, 2010
Last updated: NA
Last verified: November 2010
History: No changes posted
Multiple Myeloma (MM) is the second diagnosed malignancy of hematological malignancies. The previous study pointed out that the dosage and course of Bortezomib including the dose of concomitant drugs used to treatment MM patients did not get the preferred treatment program, so we are going to determine the optimal doses and course of Bortezomib through the prospective, multicenter clinical trial and evaluate the efficiency and safety of different program.
Induction therapy: The treatment will continue for 3-4 cycles and each cycle will be last 21 days.
Bortezomib 1.3mg/m2, twice weekly for two weeks (days 1, 4, 8, and 11) of each cycle + Dexamethasone 20mg/m2, on days 1-4 of each cycle.
Bortezomib 1.0mg/m2, twice weekly for two weeks (days 1, 4, 8, and 11) of each cycle + Dexamethasone 20mg/m2, on days 1-4 of each cycle.
Bortezomib 1.6mg/m2, once weekly for two weeks (days 1, 8) of each cycle + Dexamethasone 20mg/m2, on days 1-4 of each cycle and on days 9-12 of the first and second cycles.
Melphalan 200mg/m2 +Bortezomib 1.0mg/m2 for four times. Melphalan 200mg/m2 +Bortezomib 1.0mg/m2 for two times.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older (Adult, Senior)
|Sexes Eligible for Study:
- Obtain informed consent form (ICF) signed by patients or its relative.
- Patients newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (MM). (Not include patients with multiple solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma and those atⅠstage of Durie-Salmon staging system)
Measurable serum protein:
IgG type of MM: serum M-protein≥ 1.0g/dl or urine M-protein≥ 200mg/24h. IgA type of MM: serum M-protein≥0.5g/dl or urine M-protein≥200mg/24h. IgM type of MM: (IgM M-protein and osteolytic lesion showed in X-ray):serum protein≥ 1.0g/dl or urine M-protein≥ 200mg/24h. IgD type of MM: serum M-protein≥0.05g/dl or urine M-protein≥200mg/24h. Light chain type of MM: serum M-protein≥ 1.0g/dl or urine M-protein≥ 200mg/24h.
- Physical score 0~2 grade(WHO standard), and able to comply with the visit time and protocol requirements.
- Diagnosed with relapsed multiple myeloma.
- Any serious diseases which may lead patients suffer from unaccepted risk.
- Female patients who is pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Histories of other malignant tumors other than MM, except those patients whose disease have been cured for at least 3 years. Exception: basal-cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, carcinoma in situ of uterine cervix, breast carcinoma in situ,occasionally prostatic cancer histological discovery(at stage T1a or T1B defined as TNM classification).
- Not be able to understand or comply with the investigate protocol.
- Patients with grade 2 or higher peripheral neuropathy before treatment.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01250808
|Contact: xiaojun Huang
|Institute of Hematology,Peking University
|Peking, China, 100044 |
|Contact: jin Lu email@example.com |
||Huang Xiaojun, Institute of Hematology, Peking University.
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||November 30, 2010
||November 30, 2010
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on June 23, 2017
Neoplasms, Plasma Cell
Neoplasms by Histologic Type
Blood Protein Disorders
Immune System Diseases
Peripheral Nervous System Agents
Physiological Effects of Drugs
Hormones, Hormone Substitutes, and Hormone Antagonists
Antineoplastic Agents, Hormonal