Doxorubicin-GnRH Agonist Conjugate AEZS-108 in Treating Patients With Metastatic Hormone-Resistant Prostate Cancer
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01240629|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 15, 2010
Last Update Posted : July 11, 2017
This is a research study for advanced prostate cancer. An experimental drug called AN-152 (also known as AEZS-108) will be used. The purpose of this study is to test the safety, tolerability and benefits of an experimental drug called AN-152.
The participants tumor will be tested for expression of this receptor (using an old biopsy). If the participants cancer does not have this receptor, participants will not be eligible to participant in this study.
AN-152 (AEZS-108) is administered intravenously (IV) over 2 hours and will be given at the specified dose every 3 weeks. Premedication with dexamethasone 8mg is recommended.
Participants will continue treatment until death, disease progression, unacceptable toxicity, participants refusal, treatment delay >3 weeks, or the completion of 6 cycles. Continuation beyond 6 cycles is left at the discretion of the study doctor.
The study is planned to last 2 years. Up to 55 (up to 18 for the Phase I portion, up to 37 for the Phase II portion).
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Prostate Cancer Hormone-resistant Prostate Cancer Recurrent Prostate Cancer Stage IV Prostate Cancer||Other: laboratory biomarker analysis Other: questionnaire administration Drug: doxorubicin-GnRH agonist conjugate AEZS-108||Phase 1 Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||43 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I/II Trial of AN-152 [AEZS-108) in Castration- and Taxane-Resistant Prostate Cancer|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 2, 2010|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2, 2017|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2, 2017|
Experimental: Arm I
Patients receive doxorubicin-GnRH agonist conjugate AEZS-108 intravenously (IV) over 2 hours once every 21 days (21 days = 1 cycle). Treatment repeats every 21 days for up to 6 cycles in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Other: laboratory biomarker analysis
Correlative studyOther: questionnaire administration
Correlative studyDrug: doxorubicin-GnRH agonist conjugate AEZS-108
- Clinical benefit defined as non-progression with no dose-limiting toxicity or other toxicity requiring termination of treatment [ Time Frame: At 3 months up to 24 months ]
- Time to overall disease progression [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]
- Response for patients with measurable disease based on the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) [ Time Frame: At 3 months up to 24 months ]
- To assess the prostate specific antigen (PSA) response rate in patients treated with AN-152 [ Time Frame: At 3 months up to 24 months ]
- Time to PSA progression [ Time Frame: Up to 24 months ]
- Number of participants with adverse events as a measure of safety and tolerability [ Time Frame: At 3 weeks up to 72 weeks ]
- Overall survival [ Time Frame: Up to 2 years ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01240629
|United States, California|
|University of Southern California|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90033-0804|
|Principal Investigator:||Jacek Pinski||University of Southern California|