Development of A Technique to Predict Antidepressant Responsiveness in Depressive Patients
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01237275|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified December 2015 by Doh Kwan Kim, Samsung Medical Center.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : November 9, 2010
Last Update Posted : December 31, 2015
First, the investigators examined the functional relevance of serotonin transporter polymorphisms by quantifying the activity of serotonin transporter in blood platelets of genotyped healthy volunteers and patients with major depression.
Second, the investigators studied response to SSRIs in relation to 5-HTTLPR genotype and also to the functional expression of 5-HTT in platelets.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Depression Continuous Antidepressant Abuse Adverse Reaction to Drug||Drug: SSRI treated group|
The purpose of this study is
- to determine whether serotonin transporter genotypic or functional differences between depressive patients and normal controls were existed.
- to determine the relationship between serotonin transporter polymorphisms and serotonin transporter functional expression.
- to determine whether genomic or functional differences between drug responders and nonresponders predict the response of antidepressant
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Development of A Technique to Predict Antidepressant Responsiveness in Depressive Patients|
|Study Start Date :||October 1999|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2003|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2016|
Experimental: SSRI treated group
SSRI treated group are depressive patients treated with fluoxetine, paroxetine or sertraline
Drug: SSRI treated group
characterize in arm of a study (SSRI treated group)
- Antidepressant Response at 2,4,6 weeks [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]
- Biological value at 0 and 6 weeks [ Time Frame: 6weeks ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01237275
|Korea, Republic of|
|Samsung Medical Center|
|Kangnam, Seoul, Korea, Republic of|
|Principal Investigator:||Doh Kwan Kim, M.D., Ph.D.||Samsung Medical Center|