Clinical and Laboratory Characteristics of Patients Admitted With Syncope; Diagnosis and Follow up After These Patients
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01201993|
Recruitment Status : Suspended
First Posted : September 15, 2010
Last Update Posted : June 21, 2011
|Condition or disease|
- Patients with diagnosis of syncope who were admitted to the medical ward will be interviewed and their charts reviewed to rule in or out the diagnosis of syncope.
- Assess physical and mental injury as a result of syncope.
The lab workup will be documented including;
- Routine blood tests.
- troponin level.
- Brain CT.
- U/S doppler of carotids.
- Tilt tests.
- At the time of diagnosis the final diagnosis will be documented including recommendations for patients to prevent syncope after discharge.
- Follow up after patients by phone verifying recurrence of syncope and resulting physical and or mental injury if any.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||40 participants|
|Official Title:||Observational Study Following After Patients Admitted With Syncope|
|Study Start Date :||August 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2011|
- diagnosis [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Final diagnosis as a cause of syncope
- recurrence [ Time Frame: 6 months ]how many patients had recurrence of syncope and average number of syncope in these patients during the period of follow up of each patient.
- physical injury [ Time Frame: 6 months ]During this period of follow up of each patient, was there a physical injury, graded either none, mild, moderate or severe (bedridden)
- Mental effect [ Time Frame: 6 months ]fear of recurrent syncope affecting his mobility and graded from mild to severe where severe indicates fear of moving even one step without support.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01201993
|Department of Medicine, Carmel Medical Center|
|Haifa, Israel, 34362|
|Principal Investigator:||George S Habib, M.D.||Carmel Medical Center|