The Safety and Efficacy of Cilostazol in Ischemic Stroke Patients With Peripheral Arterial Disease (SPAD Study)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01188824|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 26, 2010
Last Update Posted : October 7, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Ischemic Stroke||Drug: Cilostazol Other: placebo||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||801 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Investigator)|
|Official Title:||The Safety and Efficacy of Cilostazol in Ischemic Stroke Patients With Peripheral Arterial Disease (SPAD Study)|
|Study Start Date :||September 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2013|
Active Comparator: Cilostazol
Pletaal® (Cilostazol) 100 mg, bid p.o.
100 mg, bid p.o.
Other Name: Pletaal®
Placebo Comparator: placebo
1 tablet, bid p.o.
1 tablet, bid
- The primary endpoint for this study is slowdown of PAD progression based on ABI. [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Carotid intima-media thickness [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Carotid intima-media thickness.
- Vascular events, including recurrent stroke, myocardial infarction, unstable angina,other vascular events, and all death.
- Safety, including major bleeding events, hemorrhagic stroke, any death.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01188824
|Principal Investigator:||Chung Y. Hsu, MD. Ph.D.||China Medical University Hospital|