Use of a Point-of-Care Platelet Function Assay for the Prediction of Atherothrombotic Events (ASAN-VERIFY)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01183754|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 18, 2010
Last Update Posted : February 1, 2011
- To evaluate the role of VerifyNow test as prognostic marker in routine clinical practice using drug-eluting stents.
- To determine the add-on-effect of VerifyNow test beyond on conventional risk factors (clinical, lesions, or procedural factors).
- To compare the prognostic utility of VerifyNow test with several biomarkers.
|Condition or disease|
|Coronary Artery Disease|
Predictive role of a point-of-care assay (VerifyNow test) has not been well evaluated in large number of patients receiving drug-eluting stents as a routine practice.
In addition, additional predictive effect of a point-of-care assay, as compared to conventional clinical factors or other biomarkers, might be clinically interesting and important.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||3000 participants|
|Official Title:||Use of a Point-of-Care Platelet Function Assay to Improve the Prediction of Atherothrombotic Events After Implantation of Drug-Eluting Stents: ASAN-VerifyNow Registry|
|Study Start Date :||March 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2010|
|patients receiving drug-eluting stents|
- Composite of all-cause death, myocardial infarction, stent thrombosis, and stroke [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- death (all-cause and cardiovascular) [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- myocardial infarction [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- stent thrombosis [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- stroke [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) major/minor bleeding [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- target-vessel revascularization [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
- Composite of cardiovascular death, MI, stent thrombosis, or stroke [ Time Frame: at median 2 year after enrollment ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01183754
|Korea, Republic of|
|Asan Medical Center|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of|
|Principal Investigator:||Seung-Jung Park, MD, PhD||Asan Medical Center|