Questionnaire and Tissue Banking For Multiple Myeloma, Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia and Related Disorders
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01177527|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 9, 2010
Last Update Posted : October 16, 2017
|Condition or disease|
|Multiple Myeloma Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Smoldering Multiple Myeloma Lymphoblastic Lymphoma|
- Participants will be asked to complete a medical survey which includes demographics, diagnosis, and treatment history, medical history, lab results and symptoms experienced.
- Participants will then receive instructions for the tissue banking procedure, which involves donating bone marrow and blood samples. These will be collected only at times when necessary clinical bone marrow samples are obtained and will not require an extra visit to the doctor.
- The investigators are also requesting permission to collect medical information from the participant's record and link this information to the specimens so that we may better understand the participant's response to treatment. For samples obtained prior to beginning therapy, this information might allow us to develop new ways of predicting response to therapy. The investigators are also requesting permission to store samples of blood and bone marrow to establish a tissue bank for future research to these diseases. These samples will be de-identified; any of the participant's personal health information identifiers will be removed.
- The tumor sample may be obtained at diagnosis, during treatment and/or as the time of relapse. The timing of sample collection will coincide with other bone marrow tests required to assess the response to therapy or any other clinical purpose.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||Medical Questionnaire and Tissue Banking For Multiple Myeloma, Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia and Related Disorders|
|Study Start Date :||December 2009|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2020|
- Databank [ Time Frame: 3 years ]To establish a databank of patients with MM, WM, MGUS, sMM, or related disorders. This databank will include medical history data and bone marrow and peripheral blood samples.
- Unique characteristics [ Time Frame: 3 years ]To determine whether patients with MM, WM, MGUS, sMM, or related disorders have unique proteomic, genetic and epigenetic characteristics in the malignant clone or the microenvironment and linking information to the clinical characteristics of the patients through exploratory tests.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01177527
|Contact: Irene Ghobrial, MDemail@example.com|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute||Recruiting|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02115|
|Principal Investigator:||Irene Ghobrial, MD||Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|