Platelet Reactivity In Patients With Nuisance Bleeding On A Thienopyridine (PLACID)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01152229|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 29, 2010
Last Update Posted : August 3, 2011
|Condition or disease|
|Platelet Aggregation Bleeding|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Platelet Reactivity In Patients With Nuisance Bleeding On A Thienopyridine|
|Study Start Date :||April 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2011|
- platelet reactivity [ Time Frame: post percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) while still on clopidogrel ]Level of platelet reactivity as assessed with the Chrono-Log Lumi-Aggregometer, which measures levels of light transmittance after stimulation with ADP to estimate levels of platelet aggregation.
- Platelet reactivity [ Time Frame: post PCI while still on clopidogrel ]
- Platelet reactivity, as measured with the VerifyNow P2Y12 assay, expressed as platelet reactivity units (PRUs)
- Platelet reactivity, as assessed with the Vasodilator Stimulated Phosphoprotein (VASP) assay, which measures percentage platelet reactivity inhibition by flow cytometry of the VASP-P protein.
- Aspirin resistance, as assessed with the VerifyNow aspirin resistance assay, which measures aspirin resistance (ARUs).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01152229
|United States, District of Columbia|
|Washington Hospital Center|
|Washington, District of Columbia, United States, 20010|
|Principal Investigator:||Michael Gaglia, MD||Cardiovascular Research Institute|