Improving Substance Abuse Counseling Adherence Using Web-based Videoconferencing
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01142609|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 11, 2010
Last Update Posted : April 4, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Substance Abuse Disorder||Behavioral: eGet|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||85 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Improving Substance Abuse Counseling Adherence Using Web-based Videoconferencing|
|Study Start Date :||December 2009|
|Primary Completion Date :||August 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2012|
Experimental: Internet (eGetgoing)
Subjects will assigned to use an accredited web-based platform (eGetgoingTM, CRC Health Group, Inc.) to deliver routine substance abuse counseling.
eGet individual counseling sessions from home will be scheduled weekly for 12 weeks.
No Intervention: Routine on-site
Subjects will attend routine face-to-face individual counseling sessions.
- Counseling efficacy [ Time Frame: Weekly for 12 weeks ]Attendance to individual counseling sessions, both online and on-site will be tracked weekly for the duration of the study.
- Reinforcement value (eGetgoing) [ Time Frame: Monthly for 3 months ]Subjects will complete monthly surveys to evaluate the reinforcement value of eGetgoing using a multiple choice design that will compare its perceived value to other aspects of routine treatment (e.g., take-home medications).
- Reinforcement value (on-site) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Subjects will complete a survey to evaluate the reinforcement value of eGetgoing using a multiple choice design that will compare its perceived value to other aspects of routine treatment (e.g., take-home medications).
- Program Satisfaction [ Time Frame: Baseline and monthly for 3 months ]Subjects will complete a survey to assess their overall program satisfaction
- Treatment cost [ Time Frame: Baseline and Month 3 ]Subjects will complete surveys to measure treatment related time and monetary travel costs.
- Therapeutic relationship [ Time Frame: Baseline and monthly for 3 months ]Subjects and their therapists will complete surveys to assess qualities of the therapeutic relationship.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01142609
|United States, Maryland|
|Addiction Treatment Services|
|Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21224|
|Principal Investigator:||Van King, M.D.||Johns Hopkins University|