Elastography in Thyroid Nodules
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case Control
Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
|Official Title:||Accuracy of Ultrasound Elastastography in Thyroid Nodular Disease.|
- Diagnostic accuracy of elastography for thyroid cancer [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Sensitivity, specifity, predictive values
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
|Study Start Date:||February 2010|
|Study Completion Date:||September 2010|
|Primary Completion Date:||September 2010 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Patients with nodular goiter
Performance of US, elastography and FNA.
Primary aim: to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of elastography in thyroid nodules from a low-risk of thyroid cancer population.
Secondary aim: to evaluate the usefulness of elastography to detect carcinomas in thyroid nodules with indeterminate FNA.
- Age > 18 yr.
- Recruitment in Endocrinology Clinics.
- Nodular goiter.
- Multinodular goiter with dominant nodule > 1 cm.
- Toxic nodules
- Non-accessible nodules to US or FNA
- Cystic nodules
- Nodules with calcifications in egg rind
- Contraindication for FNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01102127
|Complejo Asistencial de León|
|León, Spain, 24008|
|Principal Investigator:||Alfonso Vidal-Casariego, MD||Complejo Asistencial de León|