Relationship Between Respiratory Functional Tests and Image Thoracic Techniques in Patients With Neuromuscular Diseases
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01090674|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 22, 2010
Last Update Posted : February 24, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis||Other: No intervention|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||5 participants|
|Official Title:||Relationship Between Respiratory Functional Tests and Image Thoracic Techniques in Patients With Neuromuscular Diseases.|
|Study Start Date :||June 2007|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2013|
Patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Other: No intervention
We perform in all patients respiratory functional tests, thoracic x-ray, SNIF test and diaphragmatic magnetic resonance imaging.
- Different measures of diaphragmatic mobility, force and function. [ Time Frame: One year ]To compare and correlate all different image techniques that evaluate diaphragmatic mobility with all different respiratory functional variables that measure diaphragmatic (and muscular in general) force and function.
- Diaphragmatic MRI usefulness [ Time Frame: One year ]
- To evaluate dMRI usefulness in monitoring diaphragmatic mobility.
- To evaluate if we can establish a value of diaphragm mobility (in mm) observed with dMRI to suggest the initiation of non invasive ventilation treatment.
- To evaluate if dMRI can predict ALS prognosis.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01090674
|Fundació Institut de Recerca de l'Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau|
|Barcelona, Spain, 08025|