Sample Collection Registry for Quality Control of Biological and Environmental Specimens and Assay Development and Testing
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01087307|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 16, 2010
Last Update Posted : December 28, 2017
- Researchers are interested in developing a registry protocol to obtain biologic and environmental samples anonymously from adult volunteers for use in laboratory tests and studies. The samples will be used to determine if new tests are sufficiently valid and precise to be used in research studies and for quality control purposes.
- To provide a registry of samples for test development, validation, analysis, and quality control at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
- Male and nonpregnant female volunteers at least 18 years of age.
- Samples to be collected will include blood, urine, saliva, household dust, cheek cells, hair, nasal cells, stool, nail clippings, exhaled breath condensate, or sperm.
- Specimens may be collected during a one-time sample collection, or participants may be asked to provide specimens on several occasions over a specified period, not to exceed 1 year.
- Eligible participants will be asked to come to the clinical research unit to have their blood drawn and any noninvasive samples retrieved. Prior to blood draw, researchers will administer a brief past 24-hour questionnaire for research purposes. Specimens will be collected using standard clinical protocols.
- Participants will receive monetary compensation for providing samples for this protocol.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||10000 participants|
|Official Title:||Sample Collection Registry for Quality Control of Biological and Environmental Specimens and Assay Development and Testing|
|Study Start Date :||February 16, 2010|
- To generate a pool of biological or environmental samples with which to develop and test specific laboratory assays. [ Time Frame: Two-three years ]
- Characterize vascular age related-other [ Time Frame: Two-three years ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01087307
|Contact: Lisa B Barber, MEd||(919) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Stavros Garantziotis, M.D.||(919) email@example.com|
|United States, North Carolina|
|NIEHS, Research Triangle Park||Recruiting|
|Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States, 27709|
|Contact: Lisa Murphy 919-541-9839 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Stavros Garantziotis, M.D.||National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)|