French Observatory of Acute Heart Failure (OFICA)
During the last decade, progress has been made in the management of heart failure. However, the changing characteristics of patients and practices in the "real world" and their impact on the prognosis of patients admitted for acute heart failure remain poorly studied.
2000 consecutive patients recruited in a single day in hospitals volunteered to participate in the cohort during a day dedicated.
Acute Heart Failure
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||French Observatory of Acute Heart Failure|
- Survival at 3 months [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze survival 3 months after the end of initial hospitalization
- Hospital Methods [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Compare methods of care based on clinical characteristics and hospital structures.
- Patterns of admission [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze patterns of admission and discharge of patients, depending on their characteristics
- Co-morbidities [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze the co-morbidities and their impact on care and survival
- Drug treatments [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze the evolution of drug treatment between the output and monitoring to 3 months
- Resources specific diagnostic [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze the use of resources specific diagnostic: measurement of BNP or NTproBNP, conducting echocardiogram, coronary angiography, Holter-ECG, Cardiac MRI, Cardiac CT
- Therapeutic resources [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze the use of therapeutic resources based on specific clinical features: intensive care, ventilation, inotropes, ultrafiltration, introduction of beta-blockers, stimulation, implantable cardioverter defibrillator, circulatory support, graft
- During of stay [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Analyze the duration of stay according to clinical characteristics.
|Study Start Date:||March 2009|
|Study Completion Date:||February 2011|
|Primary Completion Date:||December 2010 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Patient with acute heart failure
Hospitalized patient, whatever the mode of initial admission with acute heart failure
The total duration of recruitment is one day (date to be set soon by the Executive Committee): all patients hospitalized, and whatever their date of admission with the diagnosis of heart failure will be selected for the study.
Information on each hospital stay will be obtained at baseline and at the end of the hospitalization by the hospital teams.
A telephone follow-up will be conducted at 3 months among survivors and / or their doctor by CRAs dedicated to the French Society of Cardiology.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01080937
|Paris, France, 75010|
|Principal Investigator:||Damien DL LOGEART||French Cardiology Society|