Sequencing Of Endocrine Therapy In Post-Menopausal Women With Early Breast Cancer (FAST) (FAST)
Quality of life under therapy with Aromasin® (exemestane) according to IBCSG (International Breast Cancer Study Group) questionnaire.
Change of the endometrium after switching from tamoxifen to Aromasin® (exemestane).
Deeper knowledge of Adverse Events during routine administration.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Sequencing Of Endocrine Therapy In Post-Menopausal Women With Early Breast Cancer (FAST) a Non-interventional Trial With Aromasin®|
- Change From Baseline in International Breast Cancer Study Group (IBCSG) Linear Analogues Self-Assessment (LASA) Quality of Life (QoL) Core Questionnaire Scores [ Time Frame: Baseline, Month 12 ]10 single-item in LASA format(100mm scale): Physical wellbeing (good to lousy); Mood (happy to miserable); Tiredness, Hot flushes, Feeling sick, Use of arm restricted - all none to a lot; Appetite (good to none); Effort to cope with illness (no effort to great deal of effort); Supported by people (much to not at all); Rating life in current condition (perfect to worst health). Individual items scored by measuring distance in mm between left scale anchor and patient's mark, where best QoL=0mm, worst QoL =100mm, and negative changes from baseline=improvement in QoL.Score range=0-100
- Change From Baseline in Thickness of Endometrium [ Time Frame: Baseline, Month 12 ]
Ultrasound measurement. New derived variable for normalization of endometrium thickness:
1 = Endometrium thickness <=5mm 0 = Endometrium thickness >5mm
- Change From Baseline in IBCSG LASA Items Scores - QoL Module 24-26 [ Time Frame: Baseline, Month 12 ]Assessment of severity of 13 items (Being irritable, Sweats, Vaginal discharge, dryness, and itching/irritation, Sleep disturbance, Feeling dizzy, Headaches, Bone or joint pain, Troubled by weight gain, Loss of sexual interest, Difficulties in becoming aroused - all from none to severe, and Bothered by treatment related difficulties (not at all to severely). Individual items scored by measuring distance in mm between left scale anchor and patient's mark, where no severity=0mm, maximum severity=100mm and negative changes from baseline=lessening of severity.Score range=0-100
- Change From Baseline in 12-Item Short Form Health Survey (SF-12) Summary Subscales (Physical Summary Scale Derived From Items 1-5, 8 and Mental Summary Scale Derived From Items 6, 7, 9-11) Scores [ Time Frame: Baseline, Month 12 ]Items: 1.General health 1=poor to 5=excellent 2.Limited moderate activities & 3.Climbing of stairs 1=lot to 3=not at all 4.Accomplished less & 5.Limited in kind of work due to physical health, 6.Accomplished less & 7.Work done less carefully due to emotional problems 1=yes, 2=no 8.Pain interfered with work 1=extremely to 5=not at all 9.Felt calm & 10.Had lot of energy 1=none to 6=all time 11.Felt downhearted & 12.Physical health/emotional problems interfered with social activities 1=all time to 6=none of the time. Higher scores=better QoL, positive changes from baseline=improvement in QoL.
- Change From Baseline in IBCSG Vaginal Symptoms - QoL Module 24-26 [ Time Frame: Baseline, Month 12 ]The 3 LASA items concerning vaginal symptoms (discharge, dryness, itching/irritation) were combined as the sum of these 3 items. Lower scores corresponded to better QoL, with negative changes from baseline corresponding to improvements in vaginal symptoms. Total overall score range=0-300, Best score=0, Worst score=300
|Study Start Date:||November 2005|
|Study Completion Date:||April 2009|
|Primary Completion Date:||April 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Drug: Aromasin (exemestane)
25mg oral tablet, daily, for >1yr
Other Name: Aromasin, exemestane
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01050634
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|