Donor-specific Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) (AHCTALL)
- To evaluate the efficacy of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in the first or second complete remission (CR). The efficacy of the treatment will be measured in terms of the frequency of relapse and duration of remission (the primary endpoints).
- The secondary end points of the study include; engraftment, donor chimerism, secondary graft failure, acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), immune recovery, infections, transplantation-related mortality, leukemia free survival, and overall survival.
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Patients With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Remission Using HLA-matched Sibling Donors, HLA-matched Unrelated Donors, or HLA-mismatched Familial Donors-A Phase 2 Study|
- Cumulative incidence of relapse [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
- leukemia free survival [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
- engraftment rate [ Time Frame: 100 days ]
- donor chimerism [ Time Frame: 1year, 2year, 3year ]
- secondary graft failure rate [ Time Frame: 100days, 1year ]
- Incidence & severity of acute GVHD [ Time Frame: 100 days ]
- incidence and severity of chronic GVHD [ Time Frame: 1year, 2year, 3year ]
- degree of immune recovery [ Time Frame: 6 months, 1year ]
- cumulative incidence and severity of infection [ Time Frame: 3years ]
- transplantation-related mortality rate [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
- overall survival rate & median survival time [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
- duration of remission [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
|Study Start Date:||January 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||December 2016|
|Primary Completion Date:||December 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
alloHCT arm: For HLA-matched sibling HCT, if a patient is 55 years old or less and without co-morbidity, the patient will receive Bu-Cy conditioning therapy and be transplanted with bone marrow cells. Patients who are older than 55 years or with co-morbidity will receive Bu-Flu-ATG conditioning and be transplanted with mobilized peripheral blood hematopoietic cells. For HLA-matched unrelated donor or HLA-mismatched familial donor HCT, the patient will receive Bu-Flu-ATG conditioning and well be transplanted with mobilized peripheral blood hematopoietic cells.
[ alloHCT arm ] Bu-Cy conditioning; Busulfan (Bu) 3.2 mg/kg*/day iv daily on days -7 and -4. Cyclophosphamide (Cy) 60 mg/kg* in D5W 200 mL iv over 1-2 hours daily on days -3 and -2.
BuFluATG conditioning; Bu 3.2 mg/kg*/day iv daily on days -7 and -6. Fludarabine (Flu) 30 mg/m2/day in D5W 100 ml iv over 30 minutes starting at 4 pm daily on days -7, -6, -5, -4, -3, and -2.
Anti-thymocyte globulin (ATG, Thymoglobulin, Genzyme Transplant, Cambridge, MA, USA) 1.5 mg/kg/day (for HLA-matched sibling HCT) or 3.0 mg/kg/day (for HLA-matched unrelated donor HCT or HLA-mismatched familial donor HCT) in N/S 500-800 ml (less than 4 mg/ml) iv over 4 hours starting at 8 am daily on days , -3, -2 and -1.
Other Name: allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Show Detailed Description
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01037764
|Korea, Republic of|
|Inje University Haeundae Paik Hospital|
|Pusan, Korea, Republic of|
|Asan Medical Center|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 138-736|
|Principal Investigator:||Dae-Young Kim, M.D. & PhD||Asan Medical Center|
|Study Chair:||Kyoo-Hyung Lee, M.D. & PhD.||Asan Medical Center|
|Study Director:||Je-Hwan Lee, M.D. & PhD.||Asan Medical Center|
|Study Director:||Jung-Hee Lee, M.D. & PhD.||Asan Medical Center|
|Study Director:||Young-Don Joo, MD, PhD||Inje University|