SUCCESS Tracking Study
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01021917|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (Given the length of time data was collected (i.e. 5 1/3 years), we do not anticipate a change any potential conclusions by completing the final survey.)
First Posted : November 30, 2009
Last Update Posted : August 29, 2017
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||332 participants|
|Official Title:||Weight Loss & Maintenance of Weight Loss Tracking Study (SUCCESS Tracking Study)|
|Study Start Date :||March 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2014|
Other Dieters (OD)
Those participating in weight loss programs other than Medifast Direct or Take Shape For Life.
Take Shape For Life (TSFL)
Those using Medifast meal replacement products for weight loss while working closely with a Take Shape For Life certified Health Coach.
Medifast Direct (MD)
Those using Medifast meal replacement products specifically for weight loss that were purchased directly from the company and individually monitored by the customer.
- To compare change in body weight among subjects in Medifast Direct, Take Shape For Life, and Other Dieters. [ Time Frame: 4 months, 16 months, and at 5y follow-up ]
- To investigate attrition rates among subjects enrolled in Medifast Direct, Take Shape For Life, and Other Dieters. [ Time Frame: 4 months, 16 months, and at 5 yr follow-up ]
- To evaluate potential predictors of successful weight loss & maintenance of weight loss. [ Time Frame: 4 months, 16 months, and at 5 yr follow-up ]
- To examine the effects of Medifast Direct and Take Shape For Life programs on intake, health & quality of life outcomes, and eating behaviors. [ Time Frame: 4 months, 16 months, and at 5y follow-up ]
- To explore potential differences between subgroups in change in body weight and attrition. [ Time Frame: 4 months, 16 months, and at 5y follow-up ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01021917
|United States, Maryland|
|Owings Mills, Maryland, United States, 21117|
|Principal Investigator:||Lisa M Davis, PhD||Medifast, Inc.|
|Study Director:||Christopher D Coleman, MS||Medifast, Inc.|