Double and Single Intrauterine Insemination In Controlled Ovarian Stimulation (COH) Cycles With Multifollicular Development
|Infertility||Procedure: Intrauterine insemination (single) Procedure: Double intrauterine insemination||Phase 4|
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
- ongoing pregnancy rates [ Time Frame: pregnancy >12 weeks of gestation ]
- The effects of different coh regimens on outcomes [ Time Frame: 14 days after IUI procedure ]
|Study Start Date:||May 2008|
|Study Completion Date:||July 2009|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Sham Comparator: Single IUI
Single IUI will be carried on after 36-38 hours of HCG administration
Procedure: Intrauterine insemination (single)
Single IUI after 36-38 hours of HCG
Other Name: Group I
|Active Comparator: Double IUI||
Procedure: Double intrauterine insemination
Double insemination after 18 and 40 hours of HCG administration.
Other Name: Grup II
Metaanalysis for the effects of double IUI demonstrates that effects of this procedure is not different from single IUI. It is known that nearly 25% of coh cycles is evident by monofollicular development.For this reason it is possible that this monofollicular cycles in the studies could decrease the effects of double IUI.
- Patients with unexplained infertility or mild male factor infertility whom admitted to the COH+IUI programme in our infertility unit.
- Female age <37 years old.
- Baseline FSH <12 mIU/L
- Total antral follicle count>6
- During the first three cycles of COH+IUI
- Minimum 2 follicles >16 mm at the day of HCG.
Ongoing pregnancy rates
The effects of different coh regimens (CC,FSH,CC+FSH)on the outcomes.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00993902
|Baskent University Medical Faculty Obstetric and Gynecelogy Department, Infertility and IVF unit|
|Adana, Turkey, 01120|