Evaluation of a Composite Cancellous and Demineralized Bone Plug (CR-Plug) for Repair of Knee Osteochondral Defects
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00984594|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (Slow enrolment & potential regulatory changes for allograft in cartilage repair)
First Posted : September 25, 2009
Results First Posted : June 4, 2014
Last Update Posted : June 4, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Knee Injury||Other: Primary injury site Other: Backfill site||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||4 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of the Composite of Cancellous and Demineralized Bone Plug (CR-Plug) for Repair of Osteochondral Defects in High-Load-Bearing Region and Low-Load-Bearing Region of the Femoral Condyle|
|Study Start Date :||January 2009|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2012|
Primary injury site
CR-Plug will be placed in the site of the primary injury
Other: Primary injury site
Autograft will be placed in the primary defect site.
Autograft will be placed in the site of the primary injury; CR Plug will be placed in the harvest site
Other: Backfill site
Autograft will be placed in the primary defect site; CR-Plug will be placed in the harvest site.
- Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS [ Time Frame: 24 months ]The outcome at 24 months as measured by the Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS). Scores are transformed to a 0-100 scale, with zero representing extreme knee problems and 100 representing no knee problems as common in orthopaedic scales and generic measures. Scores between 0 and 100 represent the percentage of total possible score achieved.
- Current Health Assessment (CHA) [ Time Frame: 24 months ]Evaluation on the Current Health Assessment at 24 months. Scores are transformed to a 0-100 scale, with zero representing a self-graded perception of extremely poor health and 100 representing no health problems. Scores between 0 and 100 represent the percentage of total possible score achieved.
- IKDC Assessment [ Time Frame: 24 months ]The International Knee Documentation Committee (IKDC) scores from 24 months are shown. The IKDC is an index score from 0 to 100, with 100 being the best possible score,
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Results [ Time Frame: 24 months ]MRI images were graded by a radiologist with regard to the incorporation of the CR graft in both the cancellous and cortical portions of the bone at the graft site. The raw scores were converted to an index scale form 0 to 100, with 0 representing failure of the graft to incorporate and 100 representing complete incorporation of the graft.
- Lysholm Score at 24 Months [ Time Frame: 24 months ]The Lysholm scores from the 24-month exams are shown. The Lysholm score is an indexed score of knee functional ability, with 0 being the worst score and 100 being the best score, indicating no limitations in activity/function.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00984594
|United States, Kentucky|
|Ellis and Badenhausen Orthopaedics, PSC|
|Louisville, Kentucky, United States, 40202|
|Principal Investigator:||Akbar Nawab, MD||Ellis and Badenhausen Orthopaedics, PSC|