Clinical Trial to Evaluate Safety and Tolerability of OratecanTM in Patients With Advanced Solid Malignancies (Oratecan-101)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00979563|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 18, 2009
Last Update Posted : December 7, 2011
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Advanced Solid Malignancies||Drug: HM30181AK tablet + Irinotecan tablets||Phase 1|
Besides the main objective, there are 3 other objectives as follows.
- To determine dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) of OratecanTM
- To characterize the pharmacokinetics of HM30181A, irinotecan and its metabolites (SN-38 and SN-38G) following oral administration of OratecanTM
- To evaluate anticancer activity of OratecanTM in patients with advanced solid malignancies Groups of 3 patients per cohort or dose level will be treated with escalating doses of irinotecan in combination with a fixed 60mg dose of HM30181A.
If 0/3 patients at any dose level experience a DLT, the dose of irinotecan will be escalated by 10 mg/m2 in the next dose level. If 1/3 patients at any dose level experience a DLT, the cohort will be expanded by 3 additional patients to 6 patients. If no additional patients develop DLT, the dose of irinotecan will again be escalated in the next cohort of 3 patients. If 2/3 or 2/6 patients develop DLT, then dose escalation will cease, and the previous dose will be declared the MTD.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||15 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I Clinical Trial to Determine the Maximum Tolerated Dose and to Assess the Safety and Pharmacokinetic Profile of OratecanTM in Patients With Advanced Solid Cancer(Q1DX5/W for 3W)|
|Study Start Date :||July 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 2010|
- Drug: HM30181AK tablet + Irinotecan tablets
HM30181AK 60 mg tablet + Irinotecan 20mg, 5 mg or 2mg tablets
- Toxicity evaluation (safety evaluation): Toxicity will be evaluated by medical history, vital signs, physical examination and laboratory tests performed during the screening period (D-28 to D0) and treatment period based on NCI-CTCAE (version 3.0). [ Time Frame: Toxicity will be evaluated on Day 21 during Cycle 1 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00979563
|Korea, Republic of|
|Asan Medical Center|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 138-736|
|Principal Investigator:||Yoon-ku Kang, MD, Ph.D||Asan Medical Center|