Panobinostat (LBH589) Plus Everolimus (RAD001) in Patients With Relapsed and Refractory Lymphoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00967044|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 27, 2009
Results First Posted : September 10, 2014
Last Update Posted : February 26, 2015
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose limiting toxicity (DLT) of the novel combination of everolimus + Panobinostat (LBH589) in a phase-I study in patients with relapsed lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin).
- Determine the safety and efficacy of this novel combination in a phase-II study in patients with relapsed Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Determine the in vivo effect of therapy on selected serum cytokines/chemokines (TGF-beta, thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (TARC), IL-6, IL-10, VEGF).
- Examine pre-treatment level of selected molecular targets (HDACs 1-11, STAT6, pSTAT6, STAT3, pSTAT3, Myc, Akt, Pichia anomala killer toxin (pAkt), S6, pS6, p21, cyclin D1) in primary lymphoma cells and the surrounding reactive inflammatory cells obtained by core needle biopsies from patients with relapsed lymphoma.
- Examine the correlation between molecular and biologic markers and clinical response and/or treatment-related toxicity.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lymphoma||Drug: Panobinostat Drug: Everolimus||Phase 1 Phase 2|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||31 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase I/II of Panobinostat (LBH589) Plus Everolimus (RAD001) in Patients With Relapsed and Refractory Lymphoma|
|Study Start Date :||November 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2014|
Experimental: Panobinostat + Everolimus
Panobinostat (LBH589) Plus Everolimus (RAD001)
Starting dose of 10 mg by mouth per day, self-administered (by patients), three times per week
Other Name: LBH589
Starting dose of 5 mg every day by mouth with 1 cup (8 ounces) of water, in morning after eating a low-fat meal.
- Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) of Everolimus With Panobinostat [ Time Frame: 28 day treatment cycle ]MTD of the novel combination of Everolimus + Panobinostat (LBH589) in a phase-I study in participants with relapsed lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin) where MTD is defined as the highest dose at which no more than 1 in 6 of the participants in the cohort experiences one or more dose limiting toxicities (DLTs) in the first 28 day treatment cycle. Thirty patients were enrolled onto four dose levels: Everolimus (mg, orally) 5, 5, 10, 10 daily or Panobinostat (mg, orally) 10, 20, 20, 30 three times per week. The MTD was established without the use of colony stimulating factor in cycle 1.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00967044
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030|
|Principal Investigator:||Yasuhiro Oki, MD||M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|