Study of Blood and Tissue Samples From Patients With Larynx Cancer, Pharynx Cancer, or Oral Cavity Cancer
Recruitment status was Recruiting
RATIONALE: Studying samples of blood and tumor tissue from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in DNA and identify biomarkers related to cancer.
PURPOSE: This research study is looking at blood and tissue samples from patients with larynx cancer, pharynx cancer, or oral cavity cancer.
|Official Title:||Morphological and Molecular Characterization of Tumors of the Aero-digestive Tract in Patients Who Have no Risk Factors Such as Alcohol, Smoking, or Occupation|
- Tumor response rate by RECIST criteria [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||June 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||July 2010 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Characterize, morphologically and molecularly, squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx, pharynx, or oral cavity in patients without high-risk factors, such as alcohol consumption, smoking, or occupation.
- Study the impact parameters of morphology, molecular characteristics, and genomics on disease-free survival and overall survival of these patients.
- Study the impact parameters of morphological, molecular, and genomic control in the tumor.
- Assess, in advanced tumors, the risk of heterogeneity of morphological, molecular, and genomic control in the tumor.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Blood, tumor tissue, and healthy tissue samples are collected before treatment begins.
Patients are followed up every 3 months for 2 years (additional biopsies may be collected).
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00963326
|Centre Oscar Lambret||Recruiting|
|Lille, France, 59020|
|Contact: Jean-Louis Lefebvre, MD 33-20-295-531 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Jean-Louis Lefebvre, MD||Centre Oscar Lambret|