Study of Blood Samples in Patients With Breast Cancer
The recruitment status of this study is unknown. The completion date has passed and the status has not been verified in more than two years.
Verified August 2009 by National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
Information provided by:
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
First received: August 13, 2009
Last updated: January 7, 2011
Last verified: August 2009
RATIONALE: Studying the genes expressed in samples of blood from patients with cancer may help doctors identify biomarkers related to cancer. It may also help doctors predict how patients will respond to chemotherapy.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying blood samples in patients with breast cancer.
Other: laboratory biomarker analysis
||Search for Genetic Factors Predictive of Response to Chemotherapy in Patients With or Who Has a Mammary Adenocarcinoma in Neo-adjuvant or Metastatic Setting
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Histologic complete response (Chevallier and Sataloff) or tumor response (RECIST) [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
| Estimated Enrollment:
| Study Start Date:
| Estimated Primary Completion Date:
||December 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
- Identify constitutional gene variants associated with a change in response.
OUTLINE: Blood samples are collected periodically for analysis of genetic factors.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older (Adult, Senior)
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Histologically confirmed breast carcinoma
- Received first-line chemotherapy (in neoadjuvant or metastatic setting) comprising anthracyclines and/or taxanes, including for a second primary cancer
- Patient agrees to conservative surgery
- Hormone receptor status not specified
- Menopausal status not specified
- No contraindication for chemotherapy comprising anthracyclines and/or taxanes
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- See Disease Characteristics
- No prior adjuvant therapy
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00959556
|Centre Oscar Lambret
|Lille, France, 59020 |
Centre Oscar Lambret
||Jacques Bonneterre, MD, PhD
||Centre Oscar Lambret
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||August 13, 2009
||January 7, 2011
Keywords provided by National Cancer Institute (NCI):
recurrent breast cancer
stage IA breast cancer
stage IB breast cancer
stage II breast cancer
stage IIIA breast cancer
stage IIIB breast cancer
stage IIIC breast cancer
stage IV breast cancer
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on January 18, 2017
Neoplasms by Site