Study of Tumor Samples in Patients Undergoing Treatment for Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors on Clinical Trial ACOSOG-Z9001
RATIONALE: Studying the genes expressed in samples of tumor tissue from patients with cancer may help doctors identify biomarkers related to cancer.
PURPOSE: This research study is looking at tumor samples in patients undergoing treatment for gastrointestinal stromal tumors on clinical trial ACOSOG-Z9001.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor
Genetic: mutation analysis
Genetic: polymorphism analysis
Other: laboratory biomarker analysis
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Genetic Risk Factors for Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)|
- response [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||December 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||January 2100 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Tumor samples are used for polymorphism and mutation analysis.
|Genetic: mutation analysis Genetic: polymorphism analysis Other: laboratory biomarker analysis|
- To examine polymorphisms in selected genes involved in the detoxifying/metabolizing and DNA repair pathways in relation to specific mutations and types of mutation in the c-kit gene in tumor tissue from patients with gastrointestinal tumors (GIST) undergoing treatment on clinical trial ACOSOG-Z9001.
- To examine approximately 758 polymorphisms among candidate genes involved in detoxification/metabolism, cell cycle control, and DNA damage/repair in relation to specific mutations and types of mutation in the c-kit gene in tumor tissue from GIST patients for hypothesis generation. (exploratory)
- To conduct an exploratory analysis of the polymorphism distribution in these patients. (exploratory)
- To examine the association between the above polymorphisms and major toxicity (Grade 3/4) of adjuvant imatinib mesylate. (exploratory)
OUTLINE: Tumor samples are used for polymorphism and mutation analysis.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00954655
|Contact: Lawrence Engel, MDemail@example.com|
|United States, New York|
|Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center||Recruiting|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|Contact: Lawrence Engel, MD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Chair:||Lawrence Engel, MD||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center|