Quality of Postoperative Pain Management in Cardiac Surgical Patients
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00949429|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 30, 2009
Last Update Posted : July 22, 2011
|Condition or disease|
- To study the incidence of moderate to severe pain in cardiac surgical patients 48 hour postoperatively.
- To study the risk factors of moderate to severe postoperative pain in cardiac surgical patients.
- To compare the preoperative pain expectation and postoperative pain experience in the same patient.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Official Title:||Quality of Postoperative Pain Management in Cardiac Surgical Patients|
|Study Start Date :||July 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2011|
- Number of the patients having pain score more than 4 out of 10 in 48 hour postoperatively [ Time Frame: 48 hours ]
- Risk factors of postoperative pain in cardiac surgical patients [ Time Frame: 48 hours ]
- Patient's preoperative pain expectation and postoperative pain experience [ Time Frame: 72 hours ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00949429
|Bangkok, Thailand, 10700|
|Principal Investigator:||Kasana Raksamani, MD||Siriraj Hospital|