Quality of Postoperative Pain Management in Cardiac Surgical Patients
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00949429|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 30, 2009
Last Update Posted : July 22, 2011
|Condition or disease|
- To study the incidence of moderate to severe pain in cardiac surgical patients 48 hour postoperatively.
- To study the risk factors of moderate to severe postoperative pain in cardiac surgical patients.
- To compare the preoperative pain expectation and postoperative pain experience in the same patient.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Official Title:||Quality of Postoperative Pain Management in Cardiac Surgical Patients|
|Study Start Date :||July 2009|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2010|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2011|
- Number of the patients having pain score more than 4 out of 10 in 48 hour postoperatively [ Time Frame: 48 hours ]
- Risk factors of postoperative pain in cardiac surgical patients [ Time Frame: 48 hours ]
- Patient's preoperative pain expectation and postoperative pain experience [ Time Frame: 72 hours ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00949429
|Bangkok, Thailand, 10700|
|Principal Investigator:||Kasana Raksamani, MD||Siriraj Hospital|