Characteristics of Persons With an Eating Disorder and Type 1 Diabetes
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00945711|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 24, 2009
Last Update Posted : December 2, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Eating Disorder Type 1 Diabetes|
The goal of this study is to conduct a chart audit on all patients with type 1 diabetes who have been seen collaboratively by International Diabetes Center (IDC) and Park Nicollet Eating Disorder Institute (EDI) staff from 2005 - 2008 and their matched eating disordered controls.
- What are the general characteristics of the ED DM T1 population?
- How are ED DM T1 patients different from the matched eating disordered patients with respect to race, marital status, age of onset, eating behaviors, self-reported highest and lowest weight, exercise frequency and duration, number of hospital admissions, number of emergency room visits, medication needs, and other medical and psychological/psychiatric comorbidities?
- How are ED DM T1 patients different from the matched eating disordered patients with respect to the affective and cognitive aspects of eating disorders such as self-reported depression symptoms, body image distortion, thoughts and feelings about eating, psychological concerns, readiness to change, self-esteem and anxiety?
- For ED DM T1 patients, what is the time relationship of the diagnosis of diabetes and an eating disorder?
- For ED DM T1 patients, what is the relationship of BMI and A1c?
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||154 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Characteristics of Persons With an Eating Disorder and Type 1 Diabetes and Psychological Comparisons to Persons With an Eating Disorder and No Diabetes|
|Study Start Date :||March 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2010|
Eating Disorder Diabetes Mellitus T1 patients
Eating Disorder only patients
- define general characteristics of the diabetes and eating disorder population [ Time Frame: 2005 - 2008 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00945711
|United States, Minnesota|
|International Diabetes Center|
|Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55416|
|Principal Investigator:||Margaret Powers, PhD||International Diabetes Center at Park Nicollet|