Study With Atu027 in Patients With Advanced Solid Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00938574|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 14, 2009
Last Update Posted : April 9, 2013
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Advanced Solid Tumors||Drug: Atu027||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||34 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Prospective, Open-label, Single Center, Dose Finding Phase I-study With Atu027 (an siRNA Formulation) in Subjects With Advanced Solid Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||June 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2012|
|Experimental: Drug Atu027||
- Determination of dose-limiting toxicities (DLT) and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of single and repeated intravenous infusion with Atu027 in subjects with advanced solid tumors [ Time Frame: treatment and follow up ]
- Collection of data concerning pharmacokinetics of Atu027 and its components [ Time Frame: treatment and follow up ]
- Collection of data concerning clinical safety and tolerability [ Time Frame: treatment and follow up ]
- Clinical response as measured by RECIST criteria [ Time Frame: treatment and follow up ]
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Histologically and/or cytologically proven advanced, recurrent or metastatic solid malignancy for which standard curative or palliative measures do not exist, are no longer effective, or are unlikely to be effective.
- Age >/= 18 years.
- ECOG performance score of 0-2.
- Life expectancy of at least 3 months.
- Subjects must have recovered from the acute reversible effects of previous anti-cancer therapies. At least 30 days since major surgery and at least 5 half-lives (t1/2) must have elapsed since treatment with any investigational agent.
- Adequate marrow, hepatic, renal, and heart function at the time of screening.
- Weight >/= 50kg.
- Subjects must have at least one measurable lesion according to RECIST.
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative urine pregnancy test at baseline.
- Women of childbearing potential and men must be willing to use highly effective contraceptive methods during the course of the study and three months after.
- Subjects must be willing and able (in the opinion of the investigator) to understand the subject information and informed consent form and to comply with the study protocol and procedures.
- Subjects must be willing and able to give written informed consent.
- Evidence of central nervous system (CNS) metastases.
- Peripheral venous access insufficient to permit intravenous infusion or acquisition of laboratory specimen.
- Major surgery within 30 days prior to first study treatment.
- Evidence that subject has only insufficiently recovered from the acute reversible effects of previous anti-cancer therapies or surgery.
Abnormal hematologic parameters as defined:
- Neutrophil count < 1.500/mm3 (=1.5x10^9/l)
- Platelet count < 100.00/mm3 (=100x10^9/l)
- White blood cells < 3x10^9/l
- Hemoglobin < 9.0 g/l
Abnormal renal or hepatic function as defined:
- ASAT (SGOT), ALAT (SGPT) >/= 1.5xULN or >/= 2.0xULN in case of liver metastases
- Total bilirubin >/= 1.5xULN
- Creatinine clearance < 50ml/min calculated by the Cockroft-Gault formula
- Weight < 50 kg.
Any concurrent disease, medical or social condition that could affect compliance with the protocol or interpretation of results as judged by the investigator. In particular, subjects with the following conditions are not allowed to enter the study:
- Poorly controlled Diabetes mellitus
- Lipid metabolism disorder (cholesterol and triglycerides >/= 1.5xULN), Refsum disease
- Myocardial infarction within six (6) months prior to enrollment or having insufficient cardiac function defined as NYHA Grade 3 or 4, uncontrolled angina, cardiomyopathy, severe uncontrolled ventricular arrhythmias, left bundle branch block or electrocardiographic evidence of acute ischemic or active conduction system abnormalities (e.g. long QT interval, Torsade de Pointes)
- Poorly controlled hypertension
- Severe dyspnea or severe pulmonary dysfunction
- Autoimmune and inflammatory disease
- Active infection or known bacteremia
- Known infection with HIV or chronic infection with hepatitis B or C virus
- History of acute or chronic pancreatitis
- Substance abuse
- Prior gene transfer therapy.
- Concurrent treatment with investigational or commercial agents or therapies administered with the intention to treat the subject's malignancy.
- Participation in any other clinical study or use of investigational device(s) during participation in this study.
- Known hypersensitivity to ingredients of the infusion solution.
- Pregnant or nursing women or women of childbearing potential who are not willing to use highly effective forms of contraception during participation in this study and at least three months thereafter.
- Male subjects with partners of child-bearing potential who are not willing to use highly effective contraception during participation in this study and for at least three months thereafter, unless surgically sterile.
- Subject is a relative of, or staff directly reporting to the investigator or employee of the sponsor.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00938574
|Dept. of Hematology & Med. Oncology, Univ. of Bochum, Marienhospital Herne|
|Herne, Germany, 44625|
|Principal Investigator:||Dirk Strumberg,, MD, Prof., Director||Dept. of Hematology & Med. Oncology, Univ. of Bochum, Marienhospital Herne|
|Responsible Party:||Silence Therapeutics GmbH|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||July 14, 2009 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||April 9, 2013|
|Last Verified:||September 2012|