A Study to Evaluate the Effects of Combining Cabazitaxel With Cisplatin Given Every 3 Weeks in Patients With Advanced Solid Cancer
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00925743|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 22, 2009
Last Update Posted : May 16, 2013
This study is designed as a phase 1, multicenter, open-label, single arm, dose-escalation, study of Cabazitaxel in combination with cisplatin, to determine safety, pharmacokinetics (PK), and efficacy in solid tumors (parts 1 and 2) and single sequence, two-treatment, crossover studies to determine the effect of strong CYP3A4 inhibition and induction on the PK of Cabazitaxel in patients with solid tumors (part 3 and part 4, respectively).
There are 4 parts to the study:
Part 1: Determine the Dose Limiting Toxicities (DLT)'s and Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) based on safety.
Part 2: Determine the anti-tumor activity of the combination regimen at the Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) in an extended cohort of patients.
Part 3: Determine the effect of a strong CYP3A4 inhibitor (ketoconazole) on the pharmacokinetic (PK) of Cabazitaxel.
Part 4: Determine the effect of a strong CYP3A4 inducer (rifampin) on the pharmacokinetic (PK) of Cabazitaxel.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Solid Cancer||Drug: cabazitaxel (XRP6258)||Phase 1|
The total duration on the study per subject will be about 26 weeks broken down as follows:
- A maximum of 21-day screening phase,
- 21-days (+/- 2 weeks) study treatment cycles,
- 30-day follow-up visit after the last dose of study medication.
- Cut-off date for parts 1, 2, 3 and 4: when the last patient has completed 6 cycles (parts 1 and 2) or 2 cycles (parts 3 and 4) of treatment or discontinued study treatment (for disease progression, unacceptable toxicity, withdrawal of consent, or investigator's decision to withdraw), whichever comes first, in the corresponding part.
Patients still receiving treatment at the cut-off date may continue to receive treatment beyond the cut-off date at investigator's discretion if benefiting.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||76 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Dose-Escalation Study Of The Safety, Tolerability, And Pharmacokinetics Of Cabazitaxel In Combination With Cisplatin Administered Every 3 Weeks In Subjects With Advanced Solid Malignancies|
|Study Start Date :||June 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2013|
Drug: cabazitaxel (XRP6258)
- Dose Limiting Toxicities (DLT)'s of the combination of cabazitaxel and cisplatin (part 1) [ Time Frame: first cycle (i.e.3 weeks) ]
- Objective response ratio (Complete response (CR) and partial response (PR)) (part 2) [ Time Frame: up to 6 cycles, ie 18 weeks ]
- Pharmacokinetics (PK) of cabazitaxel (part 3 and 4) [ Time Frame: up to 6 cycles, ie 18 weeks ]
- Time to progression (TTP) (part 1 and 2) [ Time Frame: up to 6 cycles, ie 18 weeks ]
- Duration of response (DR) (Part 1 and 2) [ Time Frame: up to 6 cycles, ie 18 weeks ]
- Cabazitaxel pharmacokinetic (part 1 and 2) [ Time Frame: up to 6 cycles, ie 18 weeks ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00925743
|United States, California|
|Investigational Site Number 840008|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90048|
|Investigational Site Number 840003|
|San Diego, California, United States, 92123|
|United States, Illinois|
|Investigational Site Number 840010|
|Decatur, Illinois, United States, 62526|
|United States, Maryland|
|Investigational Site Number 840002|
|Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21201|
|United States, Missouri|
|Investigational Site Number 840006|
|St Louis, Missouri, United States, 63110|
|United States, Ohio|
|Investigational Site Number 840007|
|Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, 45267-0542|
|United States, Texas|
|Investigational Site Number 840005|
|San Antonio, Texas, United States, 78229|
|Study Director:||Clinical Sciences & Operations||Sanofi|