Prospective Evaluation of the Resection Margins and the Ganglionic Status Using a Quality Standard Resection for Adenocarcinoma of the Head of the Pancreas (MRP)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00918853|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 11, 2009
Last Update Posted : March 20, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pancreas Adenocarcinoma||Procedure: resection of adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas||Not Applicable|
- Evaluation of the prognosis role of the invasion of the margins on the overall survival after a standard resection of adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas.
Evaluation of the prognosis role of the invasion:
- Of margins on the overall survival.
- Of each margins (distal pancreatic margin, gastric, posterior, retro-venous, retro-arterial) on the overall survival.
- Of the ganglionic group of the superior mesenteric artery and the other nodes.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||156 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Prospective Evaluation of the Resection Margins and the Ganglionic Status Using a Quality Standard Resection for Adenocarcinoma of the Head of the Pancreas.|
|Study Start Date :||August 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 2012|
Experimental: resection for adenocarcinoma
quality standard resection for adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas
Procedure: resection of adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas
quality standard for the resection of adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas
- Prognostic value of the invasion of the margins measured in millimetres on the overall survival [ Time Frame: 4 years ]
- Relapse free survival: time between surgery and relapse or a right censure. The relapse is determined by clinical examination, biologic examination and imaging, which reveals metastasis or an isolated local relapse [ Time Frame: 4 years ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00918853
|Chu de Bordeaux|
|Hopital Ambroise Pare|
|Chu de Clermont-Ferrand|
|Hopital Henri Mondor|
|Hopital de L'Antiquaille|
|Hopital de La Croix-Rousse|
|Hospices Civils de Lyon|
|Chu La Conception|
|Centre Val D'Aurelle Paul Lamarque|
|Hopitial Saint Antoine|
|Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg|
|Principal Investigator:||Jean Robert DELPERO, PhD||Institut Paoli-Calmettes|