Evaluation of Hospitalization for Anorexia Nervosa (EVALuation de l'Apport de l'HOSPITalisation Pour Anorexie Mentale : EVALHOSPITAM) (EVHAN)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00910169|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified May 2009 by Institut Mutualiste Montsouris.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : May 29, 2009
Last Update Posted : August 7, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Anorexia Nervosa||Other: inpatient treatment|
This study will evaluate global, psychiatric, somatic and psychosocial outcome for inpatients with anorexia nervosa through three evaluations (intake, discharge and one-year follow-up). The study will also consider five types of in-patient treatment in a naturalistic setting (i.e., patients will not be assigned to different treatment conditions; rather, we will study inpatient care as it exists today). The five treatment modalities to be studied are:
- Discharge weight objectives.
- The practice of a separation period.
- The use of clear nutritional and dietary objectives (cognitive/behavioural).
- The intensity of family involvement in treatment.
- Stabilisation phase before ending inpatient treatment.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Hospitalization for Anorexia Nervosa: Efficacy of Treatment and Predictive Factors of Outcome.|
|Study Start Date :||March 2009|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 2012|
naturalistic treatment no modification: observational study
Other: inpatient treatment
Hospitalisation modalities are described but are naturalistic
Other Name: naturalistic treatment
- Morgan and Russell score [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Nutritional status [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Eating disorders symptoms and diagnosis [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Psychiatric symptoms and disorders [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Cognitive functioning [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Somatic symptoms and complications [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Social adjustment [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Family relationships [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
- Re-hospitalization [ Time Frame: one year follow-up ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00910169
|Insitut Mutualiste Montsouris|
|Paris, France, 75014|
|Principal Investigator:||Godart Nathalie, PhD||INSERM and Institut Mutualiste Montsouris|