Quality of Life in Patients Undergoing Parathyroidectomy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00905866|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 21, 2009
Last Update Posted : July 22, 2011
There are three specific aims in the present study:
- To validate the investigators' translated version of parathyroidectomy assessment of symptoms (PAS) questionnaire.
- To evaluate the impact of parathyroidectomy on health-related quality of life in the investigators' patients with hyperparathyroidism.
- To analyze the association between clinical variables and the presentation/severity of symptoms (and/or quality of life domains) in the investigators' patients.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Parathyroidectomy Hyperparathyroidism||Other: PAS and SF-36 questionnaires|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Quality of Life in Patients Undergoing Parathyroidectomy|
|Study Start Date :||August 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2011|
Quality of life
All participants undergoing parathyroidectomy
Other: PAS and SF-36 questionnaires
Patients who agree to participate in this study will be asked to fill out a translated PAS questionnaire and a Taiwan version of SF-36 before and after surgery
- To evaluate the impact of parathyroidectomy on health-related quality of life in patients with hyperparathyroidism [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
- To analyze the association between clinical variables and the presentation/severity of symptoms (and/or quality of life domains) in patients undergoing parathyroidectomy [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00905866
|Mackay Memorial Hospital|
|Taipei, Taiwan, 10449|
|Principal Investigator:||Shih-Ping Cheng, MD||Mackay Memorial Hospital|