Tissue Sample Collection From Patients With Fanconi Anemia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00899522|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 12, 2009
Last Update Posted : December 4, 2017
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of tumor tissue from patients with Fanconi anemia to test in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This laboratory study is collecting and storing tumor tissue samples from patients with Fanconi anemia.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Fanconi Anemia Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific Unspecified Childhood Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Other: biologic sample preservation procedure Procedure: biopsy|
- Acquire rare solid tumor samples from patients with Fanconi anemia in order to create a Fanconi Anemia Cell Repository at the Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute.
- Study repository tissue using a variety of molecular methods, including gene microarrays.
- Develop cancer cell lines that are publicly available from tissue archived from patients with Fanconi anemia.
OUTLINE: Tumor biopsies are collected from patients with Fanconi anemia and archived for future molecular studies, cell line generation, and general usage by the research community at large. Medical information about the patient's cancer is also archived.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: Not specified.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||8 participants|
|Official Title:||Fanconi Anemia Cancer Cell Repository|
|Study Start Date :||August 2005|
|Primary Completion Date :||March 2013|
|Study Completion Date :||May 2013|
Other: biologic sample preservation procedure
- Creation of a Fanconi Anemia Cell Repository using rare solid tumor samples from patients with Fanconi anemia [ Time Frame: Duration of the study ]
- Study tissue samples by molecular methods, including gene microarrays [ Time Frame: Duration of the study ]
- Development of cancer cell lines from tissue archived from patients with Fanconi anemia [ Time Frame: Duration of the study ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00899522
|United States, Oregon|
|Knight Cancer Institute at Oregon Health and Science University|
|Portland, Oregon, United States, 97239-3098|
|Principal Investigator:||Grover C. Bagby, MD||OHSU Knight Cancer Institute|