Matrix Metalloproteinases After Surgery and/or Radiofrequency Ablation in Patients With Liver Metastases From Colorectal Cancer
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00899210|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 12, 2009
Last Update Posted : May 17, 2011
RATIONALE: Studying samples of blood from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in DNA and identify biomarkers related to cancer. It may also help doctors predict how patients will respond to treatment.
PURPOSE: This research trial is studying matrix metalloproteinases after surgery or radiofrequency ablation in patients with liver metastases from colorectal cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Colorectal Cancer Metastatic Cancer||Other: laboratory biomarker analysis Procedure: cryosurgery Procedure: radiofrequency ablation Procedure: therapeutic conventional surgery|
- Describe the kinetics of postoperative changes of serum matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) (MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-7, MMP-9) and their inhibitors (TIMP) (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) as a function of surgical technique.
- Determine the predictive value of postoperative risk of recurrence.
- Correlate the risk of recurrence with surgical technique.
- Determine whether elevated serum levels of MMP are a better marker than the carcinoembryonic antigen of hepatic or extrahepatic recurrence.
- Determine whether the postoperative serum of HGF/SF is correlated to changes in plasma levels of MMPs.
OUTLINE: Blood samples are collected periodically before and after treatment to analyze for metalloproteinases and their inhibitors.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed at day 45 and then every 3 months for 2 years.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||75 participants|
|Official Title:||Study of Diagnostic Tests Studying Kinetic Variation of Serum Matrix Metalloproteases After Surgical Treatment and/or Destruction by Radiofrequency in Patients With Hepatic Metastases From Colorectal Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||September 2003|
|Primary Completion Date :||May 2011|
- Kinetics of postoperative changes of serum matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) and their inhibitors (TIMP)
- Predictive value of postoperative risk of recurrence
- Correlation of risk of recurrence with surgical technique
- Elevated serum levels of MMP vs carcinoembryonic antigen as a marker of hepatic or extrahepatic recurrence
- Correlation of postoperative serum HGF/SF with plasma levels in MMPs
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00899210
|Study Chair:||Christine Rebischung||University Hospital, Grenoble|