Effect of Bevacizumab and VEGF on Platelet Clustering in Patients Who Are Receiving Bevacizumab for Cancer
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
RATIONALE: Studying samples of blood from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about the effect of bevacizumab and VEGF on platelet clustering.
PURPOSE: This research study is looking at the effect of bevacizumab and VEGF on platelet clustering in patients with cancer who are receiving bevacizumab.
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific Unspecified Childhood Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Biological: bevacizumab Other: coagulation study Other: laboratory biomarker analysis Other: platelet aggregation test|
|Official Title:||Influence of Bevacizumab and VEGF on Platelet Aggregation|
- Influence of bevacizumab on platelet aggregation
- Influence of VEGF on platelet aggregation
- Influence of VEGF or bevacizumab on cyclooxygenesis
- Correlation between medication sequence and platelet aggregation
|Study Start Date:||October 2007|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||May 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- To determine the influence of bevacizumab on platelet aggregation in patients receiving bevacizumab for cancer.
- To determine the influence of VEGF on platelet aggregation.
- To determine the influence of VEGF or bevacizumab on cyclooxygenesis.
- To determine if the sequence of medication plays a role in platelet aggregation.
OUTLINE: Blood samples are collected before and after bevacizumab infusion. Samples are analyzed for measurements of platelet aggregation, coagulation parameters, and endothelial activation (e.g., fibrin fragment F1 and 2, thrombin and antithrombin complex, soluble P-selectin, Von Willebrand factor and factor VIII, tissue factor, and endothelin 1).
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00898794
|Chur, Switzerland, CH-7000|
|Contact: Roger von Moos, MD 41-81-256-6646 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Roger von Moos, MD||Kantonsspital Graubuenden|