Arizona Cancer Center Biospecimen Repository
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of tissue and blood from patients with cancer to test in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This research study is collecting and storing tumor, tissue, and blood samples from patients with pancreatic cancer.
|Official Title:||Arizona Cancer Center Biospecimen Repository|
- Provision of tissue samples and biospecimens for translational study [ Time Frame: An eletronic record of the specimens is kept in a secure, web-based database. Follow-up information from patients will be obtained from the patient medical record, and updated every 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Tissue will be collected and preserved from the primary organ site, from the metastases, from patient blood (serum and lymphocytes), from patient urine, and from related samples of other tissues/fluids removed by the surgeon left over after diagnostic testing.
|Study Start Date:||July 2006|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||July 2020 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Other: biologic sample preservation procedure
- Provide cancer investigators access to a wide variety of tissues and biospecimens for translational studies in cancer.
- Collect and preserve tissue from the primary organ site (uninvolved and involved with cancer), from the metastases, from patient blood (serum and lymphocytes), and from patient urine.
- Provide quality-controlled storage and management of the specimen bank.
- Collect relevant clinical and pathologic information with appropriate privacy protection.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive database annotated with relevant clinical data, pathology, and research findings.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Tumor samples, lymph node samples, and normal pancreas tissue samples are collected. Blood samples are also collected prior to surgery, six months after the initial blood draw and tissue sample collection, and every six months thereafter for two years.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00896935
|United States, Arizona|
|Arizona Cancer Center at University of Arizona Health Sciences Center||Recruiting|
|Tucson, Arizona, United States, 85724-5024|
|Contact: Setsuko K. Chambers, MD 866-278-1554|
|Principal Investigator:||Setsuko K. Chambers, MD||University of Arizona|