Arizona Cancer Center Biospecimen Repository
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00896935|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : May 12, 2009
Last Update Posted : December 2, 2015
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of tissue and blood from patients with cancer to test in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This research study is collecting and storing tumor, tissue, and blood samples from patients with pancreatic cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Cancer||Other: biologic sample preservation procedure|
- Provide cancer investigators access to a wide variety of tissues and biospecimens for translational studies in cancer.
- Collect and preserve tissue from the primary organ site (uninvolved and involved with cancer), from the metastases, from patient blood (serum and lymphocytes), and from patient urine.
- Provide quality-controlled storage and management of the specimen bank.
- Collect relevant clinical and pathologic information with appropriate privacy protection.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive database annotated with relevant clinical data, pathology, and research findings.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Tumor samples, lymph node samples, and normal pancreas tissue samples are collected. Blood samples are also collected prior to surgery, six months after the initial blood draw and tissue sample collection, and every six months thereafter for two years.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||10000 participants|
|Official Title:||Arizona Cancer Center Biospecimen Repository|
|Study Start Date :||July 2006|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 2020|
Other: biologic sample preservation procedure
- Provision of tissue samples and biospecimens for translational study [ Time Frame: An eletronic record of the specimens is kept in a secure, web-based database. Follow-up information from patients will be obtained from the patient medical record, and updated every 6 months ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00896935
|Contact: Arizona Cancer Center at University of Arizona Health Sciences||520-626-0950|
|United States, Arizona|
|Arizona Cancer Center at University of Arizona Health Sciences Center||Recruiting|
|Tucson, Arizona, United States, 85724-5024|
|Contact: Setsuko K. Chambers, MD 866-278-1554|
|Principal Investigator:||Setsuko K. Chambers, MD||University of Arizona|