The Follow up of Chinese Young Children With Melamine-Related-Calculus
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Part 1 The Outcome of Children With Melamine-Related-Calculus|
- The calculus measured by sonography [ Time Frame: at 1, 3, 6 and 12 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
- Renal function (e.g., creatinine, microglobulin) [ Time Frame: at 1, 3, 6 and 12 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
|Study Start Date:||September 2008|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||October 2009|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||September 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
To investigate the outcome of melamine-related-calculus.
- The change of calculus.
- The change of obstruction features,including hydronephrosis and ureterectasia.
- The change of the urinalysis.
To investigate the change of renal function in children with melamine-related-calculus during the follow up.
- Creatinine, urea and uric acid.
- α and β2 microglobulin.
To analysis the factors might be associated with the outcome.
- The characteristics of patients: age, gender, and so on.
- The characteristics of calculus: location, size, and so on.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00895765
|The Children's Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine|
|Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 310003|
|Principal Investigator:||Zou Chao Chun, Master||Departemnt of Endocrinology and Children Health care|