Elesclomol Sodium and Paclitaxel in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Persistent Ovarian Epithelial Cancer, Fallopian Tube Cancer, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
Malignant Ovarian Mixed Epithelial Tumor
Ovarian Brenner Tumor
Ovarian Clear Cell Cystadenocarcinoma
Ovarian Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma
Ovarian Mucinous Cystadenocarcinoma
Ovarian Serous Cystadenocarcinoma
Recurrent Fallopian Tube Carcinoma
Recurrent Ovarian Carcinoma
Recurrent Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma
Undifferentiated Ovarian Carcinoma
Drug: Elesclomol Sodium
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase II Evaluation of Elesclomol Sodium and Weekly Paclitaxel in the Treatment of Recurrent or Persistent Platinum-Resistant Ovarian,Fallopian Tube or Primary Peritoneal Cancer|
- Frequency of objective response [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]
- Duration of objective response [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]
- Frequency of observed adverse effects defined as any unfavorable and unintended sign, symptom, or disease that occurs in a patient administered a medical treatment, whether the event is considered related or unrelated to the medical treatment [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]
- Severity of observed adverse effects graded using the NCI CTCAE version 4.0 [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]
- Progression-free survival [ Time Frame: From start of treatment to time of progression or death, whichever occurs first, assessed up to 5 years ]Characterized by Kaplan-Meier plots.
- Overall survival [ Time Frame: From start of treatment to time of death or the date of last contact, assessed up to 5 years ]Characterized by Kaplan-Meier plots.
|Study Start Date:||December 2010|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||January 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: Treatment (elesclomol sodium, paclitaxel)
Patients receive elesclomol sodium IV over 1 hour and paclitaxel IV over 1 hour on days 1, 8, and 15. Courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Drug: Elesclomol Sodium
Other Name: STA-4783Drug: Paclitaxel
I. To estimate the antitumor activity of elesclomol (elesclomol sodium) and paclitaxel in patients with persistent or recurrent ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer primarily through the frequency of objective tumor responses.
II. To determine the nature and degree of toxicity of elesclomol and paclitaxel in these patients.
I. To estimate the progression-free survival and overall survival of patients treated with elesclomol and paclitaxel.
Patients receive elesclomol sodium intravenously (IV) over 1 hour and paclitaxel IV over 1 hour on days 1, 8, and 15. Courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed every 3 months for 2 years and then every 6 months for 3 years.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00888615
Show 144 Study Locations
|Principal Investigator:||Bradley Monk||Gynecologic Oncology Group|