European Study of Cardiovascular Risk (EURIKA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00882336|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 16, 2009
Last Update Posted : October 29, 2009
The main objective of this study is to describe the management of patients with cardiovascular risk factors in primary prevention among different European countries.
The patient's participation consists of a single study visit during a routine visit of the patient to the clinic/office.
Study variables will be measured:
- By an interview between physician and patient during the visit and/or available medical records' information: social and demographic patient characteristics, relevant family medical history, current medication.
- By questions asked to the physician: physician perception of patients' CV risk factor, guidelines adherence and cost-containment.
- By measurement performed to the patient during the visit: weight, height, BMI, waist and hip circumference will be measured.
- CV risk factors (blood parameters) will be measured by collecting available data documented within the last year in the medical records and by the collection and analyses of a blood sample during the visit.
|Condition or disease|
|Cardiovascular Risk Factors Hyperlipidemia Hypertension Diabetes Obesity Smoking|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||7200 participants|
|Official Title:||Epidemiological Study of European Cardiovascular Risk Patients: Disease Prevention and Management in Usual Daily Practice|
|Study Start Date :||May 2009|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2009|
Patients 50+ years old, with at least one additional CV risk factor (with no previous CV event or hospitalization for a CV event)
- LDL-cholesterol, systolic and diastolic blood pressure, Tot. cholesterol, Non-HDL cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol, waist and hip circumference, HbA1c [ Time Frame: Cross-sectional ]
- Gender, age, patients with diabetes and/or hypertension (%), smoker status, family medical history. [ Time Frame: Cross-sectional ]
- BMI, Score based 10 year CHD mortality > 5%, High Risk patients (no. and %) [ Time Frame: Cross-sectional ]
- Use of concomitant medication: anticoagulant, anti hypertensive, antidiabetic, lipid-lowering drugs [ Time Frame: Cross-sectional ]
- Biomarkers: Apo-A1, Apo-B, Hs-CRP, Creatinine, albuminuria, uric acid, glomerular filtration rate. [ Time Frame: Cross-sectional ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00882336
Show 778 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Elvira Massó||AstraZeneca Spain|