Prognosis and Survival Estimates in Palliative Therapy
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00871520|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 30, 2009
Last Update Posted : August 23, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Cancer||Other: no specific interventions|
- At presentation a clinical survival estimate is obtained in each patient.
- Survival is also estimated using published prognostic scores in palliative care.
- Prognostic scores based on blood samples, general symptoms, complaints, and performance status are calculated and validated, respectively
- Each patient completes questionnaires on psychological distress
- Survival estimates are limited to 6 months.
- Each patient is followed for at least 6 months.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||612 participants|
|Official Title:||Prognosis in Palliative Therapy - a Prospective Study on Survival Prognostication in Advanced Stage Cancer Patients|
|Study Start Date :||April 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2016|
Patients referred to the oncology / radiation oncology departments for palliative therapy.
Other: no specific interventions
There are no specific interventions in this observational study
- Survival [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00871520
|University Hospital Duesseldorf, Radiation Oncology Dept.|
|Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany, 40225|
|Sana Kliniken Duesseldorf Benrath|
|Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany, 40593|
|Sana Kliniken Duesseldorf Gerresheim, MVZ Onkologie|
|Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany, 40625|
|Principal Investigator:||Stephan Gripp, Dr.||Universtity Hospital Duesseldorf, Radiation Oncology Department|